The NASCLA Accredited Exam qualifies you to become licensed in several states and 1 territory (NC, SC, GA, TN, AL, MS, LA, AR, VA, WV, NV, UT, OR, AZ, FL, and VI). This exam is the trade exam in these states. You will still need to apply with each licensing board and may need to sit for a state business exam also.
NASCLA Exam Information from NCLBGC: If any responsible managing employee, officer, or member of the personnel of the applicant has passed the NASCLA Accredited Building exam AND is not already currently qualifying an existing North Carolina license, the items listed below are required to be submitted with the completed application:
1. Copy of the exam result letter the examinee received from the testing vendor on the day the candidate passed the exam.
2. Proof that the transcript for North Carolina has been ordered.
3. A copy of the applicant’s license in ALL other states that the NASCLA Accredited Building exam is being used as an exam credential. (if applicable) A NASCLA examination credential shall not be considered valid if four years has lapsed and the examinee HAS NOT served as a qualifier for an active license in any state. When the examinee HAS NOT served as qualifier for an active license within the last four years, the examinee shall fulfill all requirements of a new applicant. For more information visit the (NASCLA) National Association of State Contractors Licensing Agencies’ website at http://www.nascla.org
It is better to take the NASCLA Accredited Exam rather than the NC Building or the NC Residential Exam for the following reasons:
- All reference books are allowed into the NASCLA while only three are allowed in the NC Exam.
- You are allowed 5 1/2 hours to complete the NASCLA exam while you only have 3 hours for the NC
- The NASCLA Exam only has 10 blueprint questions while the NC Exam has 15.
NEW: NORTH CAROINA CONTINUING EDUCATION REQUIREMENT STARTING 2021
This seminars listed below will prepare students to pass the NASCLA Accredited Exam, NC Residential, and NC Building. It will also prepare students to pass the Georgia General Exam, Alabama Building Exam, Mississippi Exam and the South Carolina Unlimited Exam.
Registration will begin @ 8:00AM. The seminar will be held from 8:00AM to 5:00PM. Please bring all reference books and materials to take notes during the seminar.
Date and Location: